Thursday, June 2, 2011

"On the Road Again"

A couple months ago, my friends and I decided we all wanted to take a road trip down to my parents house in Arizona. Well, as time went by, my friends started to drop out of coming. In the end, it was just my friend Tyler and I going. Sam, my sister-in-law, was coming as well to see Shane. I decided that it would be fun to go down to Arizona for my birthday weekend, which meant driving all day on my birthday... but it was worth it.

Thursday I only worked until 12 and then went home and got ready. We had to wait till 2 to leave so Tyler could take a test. once the test was taken, we were off. Ten hours of singing, rainstorms, dancing, snowstorms(Really? Snow in May...) laughing, joking, and chatting we were finally in dry and warm Arizona. As my mom promised me, a giant birthday cookie was waiting for me when we got home. Of course, it was late and we were too tired to eat it right away.

Friday, we spent most of the morning relaxing around the house. Then we decided to go swimming. The boys were a little wimpy when it came to swimming in the pool, saying the water is too cold. Sam and I didn't think it was that bad at all. We spent a lot of time in the hot tub but in the end everyone warmed up to the pool. We played some water basketball horse, which I dominated! Really, we just enjoyed the warm and sunny weather!













That night my aunt Jeanie and family came over for a barbecue to celebrate my birthday. It was a lot of fun to be with my family. And I got to open presents! :)













The next day we started off with a hike to the wind caves. I love hiking and it was great to be able to hike again. Since it has been super gross in Utah I haven't had too many opportunities to hike. The view on the top was amazing!























We took a little adventure to a ghost town that is about 20 minutes away from where my parents live. We wanted to do a gold mine tour that they have there. While we waited for the tour to start, we took advantage of the many picture perfect moments!






























The gold mine tour was hilarious! The tour guide was super entertaining. I had said Tyler's name at the beginning of the tour and the guide had overheard so he decided to have some fun with Tyler. Cracking jokes about him the entire time, good thing he is a good sport!


















That night we went to gecko grill, if you are ever in Arizona I highly recommend this place! It is really good!





Sunday came and sadly we had to leave Arizona. 10 hours later we were back in the cold and dreary Arizona. It was a fun trip and I loved every minute of it! Maybe we will do it again and everyone who said they will come will actually come! ha ha.

The goodbye picture that we always have when people come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment