Friday, December 3, 2010

"On the First Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me"

Well, its another Christmas post! I just love Christmas so much and can't get enough of it every year! The only sad part is every year I get super stressed with school right in the middle of the Christmas season! I still have two huge projects due tuesday and my final paper due Wednesday for school. Along with the usual readings that I have to do weekly for most classes. To add on that, our Christmas party is this Saturday and that has added 20 more pounds of stress! But, I still love Christmas!

Even though I am super stressed, I have found a way to keep the Christmas spirit alive even during the hardest times.

Several years ago, I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting and in that talk I challenged my family to do the twelve days of kindness. Like the 12 days of Christmas but with Kind acts. Every day my family and I had to do a kind act for someone. Then at the end of the day, I would have people say what kind act they did that day. I don't remember if my entire family did it but I do remember my sister and parents really getting into it. It made Christmas that season amazing. I was able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I was able to put Christ back into Christmas.

Every year since then I have tried to do the the Twelve days of Kindness, some years have been better than others. Last December, I was struggling a lot, school was weighing down on me a lot and I was super sick in the beginning and I just could not find the Christmas spirit. That was when I knew that I had to really do the Twelve days of Kindness.

So, I started looking around me. Trying to find those that might have been struggling and when I did, I made sure I did something kind for them. Sometimes, I could see that their day had been made better and other times I had no idea if they were effected by my kind act. But that didn't matter, what mattered was I was able to feel the true meaning of Christmas by helping others. I felt Chirst love in my life so much more and I hope through the kind acts that were done, others can feel his love too. No matter what is going on in our lives, we are never alone. Sometimes, Heavenly Father needs us to show that love and comfort to others so they can see that they are never truely alone.

So here is my challenge to you: Start the Days of Kindness now, make it 22 days of kindness instead of 12. I promise you, Christmas will improve greatly for you!

Also, feel free to post your experiences here, I love hearing the stories! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment