Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful...for a lot!

Well, I failed at the whole post every day something I am thankful for. So, I am just going to do a big one right now and make up for the past ten days that I didn't do!

-I am so grateful for traditions. I know that once I get married there will be my traditions, Thomas's traditions plus trying to create our own traditions. But no matter what, traditions give a sense of home and familiarity and that is what is so great around the holiday times. Those traditions are what make it okay to not be at home on Thanksgiving and I know that it will help to have traditions with my own kids. Give them something to look forward to, give them something that when they move out or things change, they will have that familiarity of the traditions we do. Because things can change all the time, but its those traditions that can stay the same and help with the transitions of life.

-I am grateful for my Aunt and Uncle who took Thomas and I into their home today for Thanksgiving dinner. They really didn't need to do that, they already had all their kids at home to celebrate with. But they made room at the dinner table for Thomas and I to join. That is the spirit of Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for that. I had a delicious dinner today and family time because of them.

-I am grateful for my Grandparents who took me into their home for the past couple months and allowed me to take over their basement and live with them. I know that it was a bit of a sacrifice for them to deal with all my junk in that basement but they did it with so much love for me. I don't know what I would have done with out them in my life. They have helped me so much over the years of my life, especially the past five years of my life.

-I am grateful for the new adventures that are coming my way. I just moved into my going to be married apartment and as I sit in here alone right now, I realize there are so many adventures that are ahead of me. It can be hard not knowing what comes next, but I am grateful for those adventures that are coming my way and for the courage to jump into those adventures.

-I am grateful for all the random people in my life. I have started to realize that there are a lot of friends that I have that truly care about me. I have people at work who genuinely care about my life. They ask me questions, they get excited when I get a promotion, they listen to me when I just want to talk and they are true friends. There are people from school or from church that do the same thing. Its all those little conversations that really make a difference in my life.

-I am so grateful for my talents. A lot of times we are all way too hard on ourselves and we put down any of the talents that we do have. I don't think that is what our Heavenly Father intended for us to do with our talents. I think he expected us to use them and let them grow and be grateful for what we do have. I am so grateful for the talents that I do have. I am grateful for them because they make up who I am and that is pretty great!

-I am grateful that my cruise ship didn't wreck at sea! I just saw Life with Pi (which is an AMAZING movie and I say you all should see it) but watching the entire ship wreck scene was terrifying. I was just imaging how I would have reacted if that happened to me on my cruise, how I would have reacted or what I would have done. It was a terrifying thought. So, I am extremely grateful for all my safe travelings that I have had up to this point!

-I am grateful for the change the education that I have received. I feel like that has helped me so much with my life. I am grateful not just for what I learned in the classroom but also for all the things I learned outside of the classroom as I have attended BYU. I am also grateful that I came to BYU  because it was there where I met Thomas. So, BYU is a pretty great place!

- I am grateful for modern day things that we have and take for granted every single day, like toilets, fridges, stoves, microwaves, cars, phones, computers, lights, heaters, water heaters... I think my list can go on and on. I loved being able to talk to my grandparents about the things they have seen happen in their lifetime. It reminds me how lucky I am to have all these things just at my finger tips.

-Last of all, I am grateful for Thanksgiving. Yes, I feel that it is extremely important to count our blessings every single day but I think Thanksgiving helps remind us to do that. It allows us to see just how amazing our lives are. When you really look into it, you can see that there is so much to be grateful for. I don't know what I did to get all these great things in my life, but I am filled with gratitude for everything. Thanksgiving is such a great holiday and I wish we had it more often!

Well, sorry that I was a little bit lazy the past week but there it is!

Now, I am thankful that I can play Christmas music! Now is the time for the giving part of Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment