Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Can you feel the Love tonight"

Well, yesterday was Valentines Day. Every year, I am never sure how I feel about this holiday. I sometimes love it like last year. At work, we all made little bags a couple days before and then that Friday we all brought in the little kid Valentines and delivered them in each others baggies. It was just like Elementary School, I love it so much!
This year, we didn't do that and I was a little sad about this but I survived. I woke up in the morning to a lovely surprise. Every girls door in my ward had recieved a valentines card to each girl in the apartment and then a napkin folded into a flower with it. Each card said something nice about the girl. That was a great surprise!
Classes were normal and so was work. After work, I found that a Banana bread valentine had been left for me. I don't know who did it but if you are reading this, thank you! It made my day! It was a great Valentine to receive!
Then I rode my bike yesterday for the first time in about five months! It felt great to be back with Mellow Yellow! He and I have missed each other these past months and I am sure he was feeling lonely and cold during the winter. So, I am glad the weather cleared up so I could spend time with my one true love, Mellow Yellow!
At FHE we did a great activity. We each wrote down on two different notecards service activities. Then placed them in a hat and played spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle landed on pulled out a card and that was the service that they have to do this week. We each pulled out two. I think it was a great idea and I am excited to do the ones that I pulled out, which are make pastries for someone and make a homecooked meal. So tonight, I am going to make dinner for my friends!
After FHE I went to dinner with some of my bestest friends! Of course, there was two couples and then Corey and me, but we had a great time.
Happy Valentines Day!

I am obsessed with the Kim Anderson photos. Two of these aren't but in the spirit of Valentines Day I had to put some of these pictures up! So cute!














2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you actually had a great Valentines day...I wonder who the mystery banana bread is from?

    ReplyDelete