Monday, September 26, 2011

"Don't Give Up"

Oh man oh man. I just got back from one of the hardest runs! I had no idea what I was going to get myself into when Jane and I left from my apartment this afternoon. We usually do our runs at 6 in the morning but sometimes I try to run in the heat to practice for the Ragnar. So, today we decided to make it a heat run. Well, we also decided to make it a hilly run!



Jane and I ran somewhere along this mountain. It was on those trails in the bottom rightish corner but we ended up pretty close to the Y at one point and then had to turn around and come back. Before we turned around we run up a hill about this steep:


Yeah, we are crazy! But it felt amazing to get to the point at the top of the steep hill. I am so glad that I have Jane to run with. She pushes me so much harder then I would ever push myself. I usually purposefully pick the flattest ways to run but not Jane! She makes it so I keep pushing and pushing and I won't give up! I run faster than I ever run and up crazy hills! I love it!

Side note, I GOT AN INTERNSHIP!!!!! Its a Center for Change which is where I really wanted to do my internship! I am so happy about this!

I realized something today on my run. I can do it! I can do this thing called life! I have been so stressed lately trying to get everything done on time. I started to feel overwhelme with that. And then I realized I don't know what I want with half the things in my life and that is getting overwhelming as well. Today I started to feel the weight of it all but after that run, I don't feel so overwhelmed because I realized that I can do it. If I just ran that steep hill then everything else in my life is possible. I love that I am applying my major in my life all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your internship! Great job on your steep hilly run! I am sure it prepared you for the vegas run!

    ReplyDelete