Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"The Climb"

Wow, it has been a while! School is pretty stressful right now! I am still trying to finish up my independent study course and the deadline is getting SCARY close! So, any free time I have is filled with doing my Independent Study course! But I can do it!

But I decided that I needed to do an update on something! So, a week ago it was Labor day. Michelle and I decided that we wanted to go on a hike, and we have attempted several times to get to the top of Squaw Peak but never made it up. So, we decided to give it a shot. We had invited several people, but the only one that followed through was Thomas. So, Thomas, Michelle and I went on a hike.


It started off normal, hiking up the path and excited to make it to the top. Then Michelle pointed out a spot that she wanted to climb up and hopefully there would be a path on the top. So, we strayed from the path and scaled up the mountain! It was pretty much on a rock slide the whole way, so a little harder than we anticipated but a lot of fun!


Michelle resting halfway up the rock slide mountain side

Once we got to the top of that part, we quickly realized that we were no where near a trail but that didn't stop us from continuing up the path! After going through bushes and steep and slinding parts, we made it to mini squaw peak. At that point, a storm was coming in and we decided it would be best to start heading down the mountain.


The three of us at the top of the rock slide part, still heading up

Since we had no real trail to follow, we decided the safest option would be follow the little dear trail. We decided that if a deer could do it, so could we! So, after some falls, rock slides and other adventures, we made it safely down the mountain!

Really, I wouldn't have done it any other way! It was a great way to spend the morning of my Labor Day! Some day I will make it to the legit summit!


At our Top of the mountain
View from the rock slide

The creepy bubble cloud






No comments:

Post a Comment