Monday, January 30, 2012

"That's Amore"

About a week ago, my roommates and I participated in a cook off.  It was my apartment with Seth and Mike versus the apartment five girls and Robbie and Drake.  It was funny seeing how my team was filled up with people who don't really cook versus the team that was filled with practically professional cooks. Of course we had to have legit judges for this cookoff, so we asked the Willhites and Edward to be our judges. Boy oh boy were they legit.  

It was a four course meal: Appetizer, Soup/Salad, Main Course and Dessert

For our appetizer we made artichoke egg rolls which ended up being the hit of the night.  They even were compared to the ones at Cheesecake factory. Thanks Seth for that contribution!

Our Soup and Salad was a Chilled Strawberry soup and a spinach salad with Mandarin Oranges.

Main course was a stuff pork tenderloin, with almond asparagus, and cheesy ranch mashed potatoes.

Dessert, Chocolate Crepes with Bananas on the inside and a scoop of ice cream on the side.  To top it off a drizzle of homemade chocolate sauce.

It was a tough battle but sadly my team lost. :( Only by a point or two though, so I feel pretty good about it since the skill levels were so different.   

Jane and Seth

Stacey, Tiare and Thomas

Michelle and Mike

All of us in my kitchen trying to get everything ready!

The Judges

Opposite teams!

Both teams and the judges

The score sheets

Team Utopia in your mouth- minus Michelle

Unknown to us, the crepes were called Tiare and Thomas
Love Crepes. 
In other news, my official training for the Marathon starts TODAY!!! I made the schedule and I plan on following it EXACTLY. And of course with my luck, I have a 19 mile run when I am on a cruise and a 20 mile run on my BIRTHDAY! I sure know how to plan it! Oh well, it is what needs to be done to make sure I don't die in this Marathon.  Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment