Thursday, April 14, 2011

We are Family



I love my family! I just think they are great! I have had a blog post all about my friends but I don't think I have made one dedicated to my family and how much they mean to me.


My Mom and Dad



My mom has always been someone that I can call and talk to. These past four years of college has thrown so many challenges at me. I don't think I would ever be able to make it through them if I didn't have my mom to call. She has always had the perfect advice for me, it may not have been what I wanted to hear but it was what I needed to hear.



My dad has always encouraged me to be the best that I can be but is always proud of who I am today. I am so grateful for that, I know that there have been times when I was disappointed by how I did and he would lift me up by telling me, He was proud of it. He and I acheived a goal together and I know that I ran the entire half marathon because I had him right next to me, pushing me along and cheering for me.




My sister, Rachelle has always been a great example to me all growing up. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be just like her. She is an amaazing mother and can make taking care of quintuplets look easy! I am so glad I got a chance to live with her a couple summers ago. She has taught me many new skills such as cooking and flirting! I hardly ever hear her complain and I know that she has had some hard times. She is a great example to me.



My brother, Mckay has always been a good one for laughs. He can make anyone laugh. He also is a super hard worker and loves reading and learning. He knows a lot of information, which I think is pretty neat. He also had been one to give me some advice that was greatly needed. He lets me know what boys are really thinking all the time, so I can always tell him about dating life and find out the truth behind it!



Colby has always been a voice of reason for me. I remember when we were kids, he would tell Ryan, Shane and I if he thought what we were doing was stupid and would tell us to stop. That has always stuck with me. He always works for perfection and can see tiny details. He always can make me laugh as well. I am really glad that He and Neeha came home for this past Christmas. I loved being able to spend that time with him.



Ryan has amazing talent. I dont' think he really sees that but he does. He is such a hard worker. He will go above and beyond. I remember when he was studying for the DAT he was in his room for a week studying. I could never do that but he has the determination to do well. And he has done well. I have learned from him that anything you put your mind up to you can do it. I have seen him do that over and over again in multiple situations. He is a great example to me.



I am so glad that Shane has been here at BYU the whole time I have been. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have my brother here to lean on. He has always been the peacemaker in the family. I remember one time he said something that I got upset about. He then came into the room a few minutes later with my guitar singing a song saying he was sorry. Whenever I am upset, he always lets me know that he loves me. He is really good at calming down the stressful situations.



I love my family. They all are great examples to me!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big your family has gotten! I love the main family photo!

    You do have a pretty awesome family!

    ReplyDelete