Friday, April 8, 2011

"Obsessed"

I am obsessed with Brownie obsessions!(thanks to my mom and Rachelle for introducing it) I am not ashamed of this obsession! Although, the TGIFridays by my apartment closed down. I was extremely upset with this. It was just a walk across the street till I was in my dream land eating a brownie obsession. There luckily is still a TGIFridays in Sandy so I am not completely with out my one true love. However, Sandy is a long drive just to satisfy my addiction, so I don't ever go. Probably a good thing they got rid of the one right by my apartment, I had it way too much and someone knew that!

This semester I had a class up in Salt Lake every Thursday and every Thursday we drive right past that TGI Fridays and it always taunts me. Sometime's it even shows a picture of the Brownie Obsession with flashing bright lights. If I was not with my friends, I am pretty sure I would have given in but since Corey and Jon were also with me, I just ignore it and continue on to class. But I couldn't handle it anymore! I needed to get a brownie obsession, I had given into the bright huge signs temptations!

So, yesterday it was just Corey and I on our way to class and I saw that sign. I remembered that I still had a gift card to TGIFridays and it needed to be used. So, very excitedly I asked him if we could stop on our way home and get one. I don't think he could say no because 1. I was really excited by this idea and 2. he was kind of trapped, I drove! So, I focused real hard in class knowing that in a few short hours I would have my favorite dessert ever!

And then class was over, and I was reunited with my obsession! Corey and I got some potstickers feeling a little guilty about just getting a dessert and then shared a brownie obsession! I am pretty sure I will be happy for days because I finally got to have a brownie obsession again!

Look at this picture, how can you NOT like a brownie obsession!


Because I am obsessed, I researched what the recipe is. Maybe one day I will try it out.

Here it is:
pre-heat oven 350 grease 9 x 13 pan

Brownies
1 2/3 granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 tbsp water
2 bars (4 oz) unsweetened Giradelli baking bar, broken into pieces
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 cup shopped nuts (optional)

Microwave sugar, butter and water in large microwavable bowl on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until it is bubbly, stirring once. Add baking bars; stir until melted. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir well add nuts. Pour into prepared 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack, cut into bars.

To serve Place brownie in shallow bowl. Top with chocolate sauce(recipe below). Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Drizzle Carmel sauce(recipe below) over the ice cream and sprinkle with chopped pecans.

Chocolate sauce

2/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar 6 oz semi-sweet Giradelli chocolate baking bar(broken into pieces)

Heat the cream with the butter and sugar in a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth. Add the chocolate to the cream mixture. Stir over simmering water until it is melted and thoroughly combined. Let cool at room temperature.

Carmel sauce

3/4 cup brown sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp butter

In a saucepan combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Add whipping cream and butter. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Then, reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Cover and cool. Chill in the refrigerator until serving time.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously Tiare did you have to post this recipe?!!? haha remember we used to go and get it all the time? One brownie obsession please, and hold the nuts!!!

    I would say that if I lived close to one I would get it all the time. It's a chocolate lovers dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the best brownie sundae ever! Our TGI Friday's went out of business, so I haven't had one forever...have you tried the recipe? Is it authentic?

    I was a little surprised when I saw all the nuts in your picture until I figured out it was a stock photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i miss our brownie obsession days...that brownie always made my day a little better!

    ReplyDelete